Welcome to the Bearcat Athletic Department
ALL STUDENT ATHLETES MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL PRIOR TO TRYING OUT OUT FOR ANY TEAM
If your child is interested in trying out for a team, he or she must have a physical on file at Fall Creek Valley. Please turn the physical form into the Athletic Director, Bradley Phelps or send it with your son or daughter to his/her first practice. The IHSAA requires that the physicals be given after April 1, 2014. The physical is good for the entire school year. NO STUDENT WILL BE ALLOWED TO TRYOUT UNLESS THEY HAVE A PHYSICAL TURNED IN TO FALL CREEK VALLEY
Fall Athletics – Camps, Conditioning & Tryout Information – In order to participate in conditioning, tryouts or practices students must have a physical (see above).
· Cross Country tryouts/practice begins Wednesday August 6, 2014 after school until 5:30pm. Students should bring t-shirt, shorts and comfortable running shoes. The practices will last each day (Monday through Friday) from 4pm to 5:30pm. For more information on Cross Country visit their website fcvxc.com
· The conditioning for football will be held Wednesday July 30, Thursday July 31 and Friday August 1 from 6pm to 8pm. On Monday August 4 and Tuesday August 5 the conditioning will continue from 4pm to 6pm. The conditioning is optional and not mandatory. Students will meet on the football field and should wear shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes/cleats. Students will not need any equipment for the conditioning. In order to participate in the conditioning students must have a physical. No exceptions. The football practices/tryouts will begin the first day of school which is August 6, 2014 from 4pm to 6pm.
· Tennis tryouts will begin on Wednesday August 6, 2014 from 4pm to 6pm. Students should report to the tennis courts after school. Students should wear shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes. Students should also bring their tennis racket to tryouts. The tryouts will last 3 to 5 days.
· Volleyball tryouts will begin on Wednesday August 6, 2014 from 4pm to 6pm. Students should report to the main gym after school. Students should wear shorts, t-shirts and tennis shoes. The tryouts will last 3 to 5 days.
· Cheerleading tryouts will begin on August 12, 2014 from 4pm to 6pm. Students should report to the mall area outside the cafeteria after school. Students should wear shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes. The tryouts will be held August 12, 13 & 14.